Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline): Uses and Its Benefits!

December 09, 2016


Hey guys!

The other day I went to try this liquid lipstick that I've ordered online from Shopee PH and I noticed that when I tried to take it off I had a really hard time in doing so. I wasn't really sure if that's how a liquid lipstick is supposed to be but according to my research it is, especially when it's matte. 

So when I was trying to wipe it off with a wet tissue I suddenly remembered this hack that I was taught of in removing long wear lipsticks which is to rub petroleum jelly over your lips. To be honest, I was inspired to write this article because of that. I hope you guys enjoy and I hope that I was able to help you somehow by reading this!


Petroleum Jelly: Uses and Its Benefits

Petroleum Jelly is a mixture of natural waxes and mineral oils that together locks moisture in skin, moisturizing it to repair and relieve dryness. (source)


1. Makeup Remover

As I've said before I used this [petroleum jelly] to remove that lipstick that I've put on my lips easily. I could say the same for using it as a makeup remover. If you're looking for a cheap way to remove your makeup this it you guys.


2. Homemade Exfoliator 

Ingredients: 2 tbsp Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
                       1 tbsp fine sugar

Once in awhile we all need to exfoliate our skin so that we can remove dry and dead skin cells on the surface of our skin. Instead of buying an expensive exfoliator scrub you can make your own homemade exfoliator using just the ingredients listed above. 

Personally, I do this once every week because I am a busy student and honestly I have no time to do this even twice a week and this routine pretty much works for me. I believe that my face has gotten healthier looking than before.

3. Removing Dry Skin (Body Scrub)

Ingredients: 2 tbsp Vaseline
                       1 tbsp sea salt

This is something I've found online that I haven't tried yet so I will update you on that via twitter (the link is at the footer). Since it is said that Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline is a good exfoliator to remove dry and dead skin cells, I'm expecting that it would do the same when I use it as a body scrub. 

4. For Longer Eyelashes 

I'm not trying to brag but I was blessed with an already long eyelashes, thanks to my father's genes. But of course like many other girls I also want my lashes to be much longer. Here's a home remedy that I've found months ago that up until now I'm obsessed with doing.

Steps: 
1. Use clean eyelash brush or toothbrush to apply vaseline.
2. Use Q tips to apply at the base of your eyelashes.
3. Leave on overnight.
4. Wash with lukewarm water.

I do this routine for three to four times a week.

I've also found an alternative way to this. The steps or procedures are basically the same but this one includes two ingredients which are baby powder and of course, vaseline. So in this alternative way you need to dip your eyelash brush in baby powder then cover it in vaseline. Do this for a few weeks and your lashes will [apparently] get longer and curled. 

5. Moisturizing Your Lips

My lips tends to dry a lot and I constantly need to put some lipbalm onto my lips and sometimes when I run out of it, I use petroleum jelly to moisturize my lips instead. I mean it is said that it locks moisture in the skin.


6. Neaten Your Nail Polish

First of all, I just hate it when I'm applying a nail polish and I accidentally paint outside my nails and it gets on the skin around it because it's hard to remove without having to ruining my masterpiece. But luckily for me, I've found out that I could just dab some petroleum jelly on the skin around the nails before polishing so that it'd be easier for me to remove the nail polish that got on the skin around it.


7. Prevents "Ashy" Knees and Elbows

I don't know why but my elbows tend to get "ashy" a lot more than I want it to and it honestly ruins my mood. Well, it was a good thing I've found an article about how vaseline prevents your knees and elbows from being "ashy" and this works for me.


You Might Also Like

0 comments