Battle Of The Eyebrow Pencils /Maybelline//Ever Bilena//Daiso + Swatches

January 01, 2017

Happy New Year!

Before I get into this I just want to greet you readers out there a very happy new year. May God bless us with many opportunities and good luck this 2017, and continue to protect us from all evil and danger.




Hey guys!

This is my first post for the year 2017! I'm very excited to share with you guys the eyebrow pencils that I got over the past months that I've been trying out to see what's best and what's not for me in particular, but also I wanted to inform you guys of the cons and pros that I've found on each one.




I've posted about this eyebrow pencil that I got last year. This is the Ever Bilena Advance Perfect Eyebrow in the shade of dark brown, this only cost me PHP 60 (about $1.22) which is relatively cheap.

PROS:

  • It's affordable
  • It's very pigmented
  • It has that little brush on its cap
  • The pencil is long
CONS:
  • If you're not used to it, it can be hard to control since it's very pigmented. You can accidentally do your eyebrow thicker than the other.

For almost a month of using this, I can safely say that I am satisfied with this one; although, I can't say that this is the best pencil for me. There are more pros than cons on this one as you noticed, I honestly couldn't think of the times that this pencil had failed me other than mistakenly making my eyebrow thicker than other but that's just simply my mistake.




I got this one from Daiso for only PHP 88 (about $1.77) just PHP 28 more expensive than the Ever Bilena one above. For those of you who aren't aware Daiso is a store in Japan where they sell stuffs ranging from kitchenware to makeups, basically they have everything you need there, it's kind of like the dollar store.

And apparently they are worldwide now.

So anyway, I've been seeing a lot of Filipina YouTubers do a review on makeups that they had bought from Daiso and decided that I wanted to try out some products for myself. Obviously, I had picked an eyebrow pencil.

PROS:
  • It's affordable
  • It's two in one (pencil on one end and brush on the other)
CONS:
  • The pencil breaks easily
  • You really have to dig in there for the color to show on your skin
  • I got the shade brown but for some reason the color looks more of a light brown (should've bought the dark brown one)
  • The cap easily detaches (I lost both of them on the first day but luckily I've found them inside my bag)
I probably chose the wrong color so that's on me. But as you noticed there's a lot of cons on this one than the Ever Bilena eyebrow pencil. I'm not happy with this product, obviously, so I'm definitely not going to recommend you buying one from Daiso. I'm definitely not going to buy any makeup products from there ever again.




This one I really like, it's the Fashion Brow Duo Shaper from Maybelline that I got in October 2016 for only PHP 199 (about $4.12) because it was on sale, nowadays it is available for PHP 250 (about $5.03) on any store where makeup is available. I got mine in the shade brown.

I had written a quick review about this back in October, it was my first post, there you could see pictures of this brow shaper still in one piece (like its pencil) because unfortunately I am not able to take a picture of the pencil anymore.

PROS:
  • It's a duo shaper, it has a pencil on one side and a powder on the other side.
  • It's portable and doesn't take up too much space in your makeup bag
  • The pencil has a thin tip
  • The powder comes in a sponge applicator
  • It's easy to use
CONS:
  • The pencil breaks easily
  • For students who are on a budget it's a little bit pricey
I can honestly say I am very satisfied with this product, I mean it's obvious as you can see that there are a lot of pros than cons with this one. But like the product from Daiso that I got, the pencil could easily break as well. So you really have to master it otherwise you could end up with no pencil at all on the first day of trying it.



This pencil is from Maybelline as well. If I remember correctly there were three to four shades available for this one but I got mine in the shade of brown. This only cost me PHP 99 (about $1.99) to which I was excited about.

PROS:
  • It's affordable
  • It's pigmented
  • It's easy to use
  • Portable as well (doesn't take up too much space)
CONS:
  • Unfortunately for me the length of it is on the shorter side
Honestly, I couldn't think of any cons for this one except for the fact that I couldn't get enough of this product and wished that it was longer. For a student like me and for someone who loves Maybelline, this is [in my opinion] the perfect product for an eyebrow pencil.


Overall, in terms of affordability and quality I would pick the Maybelline eyebrow pencil.

From left to right:
Maybelline
Dasio
Maybelline Duo Shaper

You Might Also Like

0 comments