HTML Made Easy

January 08, 2018



Hey guys!

I've started my 2018 with a topic that I am quite knowledgeable on, Basic HTML Codes Every Blogger Should Know, with that I have decided to blog about programming for the rest of this month to spread knowledge to those who wants to learn HTML and CSS but in an easy way and easy to understand lingo.

This week I am going to introduce to you what an HTML is, what it does, and its importance to your blog or website so without further ado, let's get into it.

What is an HTML?

HTML is shortened for Hypertext Markup Language. Just like how an atom is the building blocks of matter, HTML is the building blocks of a webpage. There are four elements that is essential to it and these are html, head, title, and body.


HTML elements are represented by tags, tags such as the ones I have mentioned in my last post image, hyperlink, headings, etc. Some of the most used tags by programmers are paragraph <p>, line break <br>, h2 heading <h2>, and strong <strong> or bold <b>. 

Take note as I say those are just some of the tags that we often use a lot especially in making websites. So there are a lot more of it and if you're interested to learn more about it stay tune for my next blog post!


<!DOCTYPE html>

This is a declaration that defines a document to be HTML5. (Source

You may be wondering what's the difference between an HTML and HTML5, to make it easy to understand there's not much of a difference between the two. HTML5 is just the latest and greatest version of HTML and that's it.


Elements Explained

I have mentioned the four essential elements on an html and now I'm going to explain them briefly what is it about. 

  • html is the root of your page, it is the skin that covers your body.
  • head contains the meta information about the document, it is where your brain is at and with that said...
  • title is the title for the document (the one that you see on your tab alongside the favicon), it is your identity, who you are as a person, how you think, how you see things, I think therefore I am.
  • body contains the content, tags are used here. 


HTML is the building blocks of a webpage but if you compared it to CSS (Cascading Style Sheet), which we are going to tackle later on this month, and JavaScript, it is nothing but a mere skeletal form of your website. 

It is the core of your website and having a good foundation makes it easy to manipulate or rather implement designs which are coded by the use of CSS.


That is it for today's blog, let me know if you found it useful!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi Dani! I wish I understood HTML as well as you, I'm just learning! I will have to check back for more of your tips because I believe it's such a great skill to have :) - SatisfyHerSoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! HTML is really easy once you get the hang of it :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was helpful. Great post!

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!I hope you'll find the other post helpful as well :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally deleted your comment before I even got to finish reading it! I'm so sorry but thank you so much for taking your time to comment on this post! I will make sure to check out yours :)

      Delete