Looking Back [2017]

December 31, 2017


dictum factum

(what is said is done)


Looking Back at 2017 I honestly expected my 2017 to be a productive year in terms of blogging, I had a lot of expectations for myself back in late 2016 but I guess I wasn't able to fulfill some of my goals for myself this year. School and other things got in the way but I hope 2018 would be a productive year.

2017 was a roller coaster for me.

A lot of good things happened but it came with a price. I've had two bad breakups this year: one from a romantic relationship and the other one is friendship. I'm not gonna go into too much detail about it here (I have talked about my friendship breakup on my other blog) but if there's one thing I noticed that they had in common was that both relationship were getting too toxic for my well being.

I never thought that I would lose both [great] people who were close to me in a single year but if this was God's plan, then I guess it was inevitable.

I have learned a great lesson from those certain experiences and that is to love myself first and to stop trying to please others.

But if it weren't for those bad experiences, I wouldn't have been able to mature in a way and I also wouldn't have been able to meet and welcome new friends that have come into my life. I met a guy too that had made me want to change the way I lived and perceived life.

My New Years Resolution for 2018 are

  • Grow my blog and write what I'm most passionate about
  • Make friends with fellow bloggers and support each other
  • Be part of a blogging community
  • Stop procrastinating and get sh*t done
  • Break bad habits
  • Break out of my shell, out of my comfort zone
There are a lot more that I want to add to that list but if I'm going to be honest with myself those are the only things that I''m probably going to focus and give attention to.

Also I'm considering 'branching' out of my niche this coming 2018. Since I don't really do makeup and fashion and lately it's kind of hard for me to make posts about them, I was thinking of venturing into the technical side of blogging like tutorials of HTML and CSS. Or maybe I'll still do beauty and fashion but not as often as before who knows. I have already written a new blog post that is coming up on the first week of January, Basic HTML Every Bloggers Should Know, I'm quite excited to hit the publish button and share it with you guys.

I have also decided to change the name of my blog from The Pug Life to Dani dot Yes! It's sort of like my way of saying good bye to the old me who just had blogging as a hobby and hello to the new me who is prepared to make the most out of this blog.



This is a photo my dad took when my family and I went to Church on December 24 2017. I would just like to share it with you guys because I love it so much.


I wish for the best in 2018 for you and for me, Happy New Year everyone!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments