[REVIEW] NICHIDO COSMETICS: True Colors Liquid Foundation with Sunscreen

August 18, 2017



Hey guys!

It's been quite a while since I've last posted here on my blog but I'm back again on the scene😉 To be quite frank with you I sort of forgot how to blog. I don't know where and how to start, it's quite nerve wracking. I will try my best to get back on track anyway so please bear with me if today's post is not going to be as interesting as the other ones.

The other day I went shopping with a friend of mine, we were looking at our local drug store Watson for some foundation that I could use. My goal was to look for the Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline, we literally went mall hopping since the stores that we've went to ran out of Fit Me Foundations that were my shade. Fortunately I've found another liquid foundation that I'm obsessed with right now- True Colors Liquid Foundation by Nichido Cosmetics.


Nichido Cosmetics is a Japanese brand that a lot of student at my school use since their products are really affordable for students like me. I got my liquid foundation for only PHP 268.00 (around $5.2), it's cheap compared to the Fit Me Foundation that I was planning to buy.

This was my first time straying from the usual go to brand of mine (Maybelline), so I was quite unsure if this foundation was going to be as good as the Fit Me one but after a week of using it I'm going to be honest with you, I'm obsessed.

I'm down for that no-makeup makeup look and this foundation provides me that luxury. Since I don't really have much blemishes to cover up on my face, applying just about the right amount of foundation already gave me that 'satin finish' that the box claimed. Although it is a liquid foundation, the consistency of it is not watery enough to have me hating on it. Surprisingly, I really like this product.


As you can see in the picture to the right, the foundation looks watery and it seems like it's runny, but I can assure you it is not.

I only pumped a little bit on my hand and it already came out with that much foundation.



I had smudged it a little bit so you guys could see how flexible this foundation is. It's really nice to the skin you guys, it's very light.







So in summary here are some pros and cons that I have for this liquid foundation.

Pros:

  • affordable
  • easy to use
  • water based, smooth liquid
  • provides a natural satin finish
  • It doesn't feel heavy on my face

Cons:
  • It only comes in three shades 
  • I don't recommend this foundation for those who wants a thicker coverage


P.S. I'm in the shade True Natural.

You Might Also Like

0 comments